Pressure Cooker Creamed Potatoes
Write a review
- 2 lbs. Russet potatoes
- 1 – 1 ½ cups milk
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- Peel & wash potatoes.
- Cut each potato into large chunks.
- Add 1 cup of cold water to the bowl of the pressure cooker.
- Place potatoes in pressure cooker.
- Pressure cook on soup/stew for 7 minutes.
- Once pressure has been released, open the pressure cooker, remove potatoes and set aside.
- Heat milk in saucepan on the stove.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter to the milk. Heat milk to just below boiling (being careful not to scald)
- Mash potatoes gently by hand using a potato masher.
- Once potatoes have been mashed add part of the hot milk. (repeat until you have the desired consistency)
- Once complete add salt & pepper to taste.